Monday, May 30, 2011

Prowler

  So, I made the mistake of telling my ex that we would be away for the weekend camping... Yeah, I'm a fucking dumbass.

   While I was picking up the kids toys in the back yard (yeah, the ones they were told to pick up), I notice that the row of corn planted next to the garage has been trampled- directly in front of the window. To anyone else that wouldn't look lie anything important, but I now better. The kids hadn't been in the back yard since before we left. My lovely stated that he had been incredibly conscious not to step on it... It couldn't have been done by the 9 lb dog.
  Upon further inspection, I find the grate which is in front of our crawl access ajar. I consciously closed it all the way before we left, because I didn't want critters in there.
  At that point I felt incredibly uneasy, so I walked around the property checking doors and windows, only to discover that the back entrance to the garage had been tampered with.

  Coincidence that he knew we were supposed to be out of town, and I stumble across evidence of attempted intrusion? I doubt it.

  Just when I was finally beginning to feel safe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment