Friday, April 8, 2011

A promise

  When we met again, I promised I'd never hurt you intentionally... but I've hurt you through the act of reaction, being rash before reason, I'm damaged goods baby- you cared for me gently.
  When we met again, I knew I couldn't let you go. We both needed safety, and freedom to simply be. It was was it was, and we are what we are- Which is beautiful, if not a little heart breaking for all it took to make this seem ok. We're still wary of the outside world, of what we are helpless to control, of the people in new strange places will say, think, or more importantly- do. We've got ground to cover, and uncover.
  When we met again, we were lost inside of our selves and wouldn't let anyone in. We were cold, hardened, afraid... and somehow made the fear slowly dissipate. We stood behind, beside, and in front of one another when missiles were hurled at us with then intent of destroying everything we knew to be good, or true.
  When we met again, something that had felt broken for so many years slid back into place and began to mend. It was the beginning of the end, and the end of the beginning. Now we're in the thick of it, we waded through shit, we fought for what was right, we were wounded but somehow survived- and those broken pieces are still finding the time to mend.
  When we met again, I told you how I had always loved you. I promised to always be honest with you, if not completely forward at least finding a small bit of tact- I'm prickly baby, but you know how to handle those thorns. I promised not to hold back the truths which should have been spoken so long ago.
 
  When we met again, I promised to be good to you. To never intentionally cause you harm. To be honest with you (sometimes to a fault). To accept your quirks, and love you all the more for them. I promised not to fault you for being you. I promised to be good with you.
 
  I'm imperfect, I've hurt you. I'm human. I love you as the treasure you are- for all of your imperfections, not in spite of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment