Thursday, February 3, 2011

Single Parents

 I never thought I would say this... But maybe it is in the best interest of parents to stay together (even if shit sucks) so that they at least have one another to fall back on when raising children. Screw whether or not it is better for the kids, no one will ever be happy if the parent they live with is always stressed, and has no help. No support. No one to stand behind them and make discipline a less daunting task.

 Now, anyone who knows me, knows damned well where I've been... the abuse I lived with, and why I have a problem with people staying together for the kids. But this isn't for the kids. This is for sanity. This is so that the little shits don't gang up on you, and slowly destroy you.
 If nature had intended for up to care for our young alone, we would be able to reproduce without men. Unfortunately, most men aren't interested in being a father, let alone a daddy. I think my ex pretty well demonstrates what a fucking deadbeat looks like.
 Any man who is interested, or inclined to be the nurturing, fatherly type is either married and serving his role in the household... or so fucking damaged by what an incredibly violent, vicious, heartless, sociopathic bitch did to him that he'll never go there again.

 Can you tell I'm having a bad week? Maybe just a bad reality.

 Why is it so hard for two people who are inclined to hold the same value in a relationship to come together, rather than getting snagged in the net of evilness that some immoral fucktard threw out?
 I know I had a chance, once upon a time... I fuckingblewit. Now I'm stuck between a jackass, and a cliff, and trying not to fall off.

 No one realizes until they become a single parent, that the mental, emotional, and physical recharge you get from having an involved partner meant more to your wellbeing and stability than ANYTHING else in your life. Simply not having someone to stand behind you and tell the little monsters 'No' is completely draining. Not having someone there to give them a bath at 3 am while you clean up the vomit. Not having someone to help with the homework, or sit and read a book with them long enough for you to run the laundry... I could go on, and on, and on about everything that you take as granted. Well, it's NOT. Once you split, it's all on you baby!

 I couldn't have stayed with my ex, he would have killed me. Hell, he still may... Big invisible skydaddy knows, he's tried to carry out those threats enough times, and if I ever give him the chance, he will. But damn, simply having 2 parents is the ticket to semi-sanity.
 I see why women get involved and push their kids on a man, I really do. I disagree with it, it's wrong, but I understand that they do it so that they won't wind up going crazy like me.

 If I could turn back time... damn, now I've got that song stuck in my head. Fuck. I'm so sick of the bullshit. I have 15 more years until I'm free from the drama of being legally responsible for these little carbon copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment